Hi there,

Before you know it, the sale of your property will be complete, so it’s important to ensure that everyone, including friends, service providers and even the government, knows where to find you. Below is a check list to help you make sure no one gets forgotten!

  1. Fill in a change of address card, available at your local post office or visit:  www.canadapost.ca.
  2. Car Ownership - You must notify the Ministry of Transportation within six days of changing your residential address.
    • Change your address online: ServiceOntario - Change of Address  or

    • Complete and submit the address change section of your vehicle permit. If you take it to a Driver and Vehicle Licence Issuing Office with your current vehicle permit, you will be issued a new permit at that time. You may also visit a ServiceOntario Centre. Click here to find one near you.
    • Alternatively, you can take it directly to a local Driver & Vehicle License Issuing Office:
      #15 - 485 Silvercreek Parkway North Guelph,  Phone: (519) 822-5551 or
      #22 - 35 Harvard Road (Campus Estates Plaza)  Guelph, Phone: (519) 836-1636
      200 St Patrick E, Fergus, ON N1M 1M4 (519) 787-0963
      324 Guelph Street Georgetown ON L7G 4B5 (905) 877-1102

  3. Driver’s Licence, Health Card and Ontario Photo ID card:
  4. Other:
    • Banks
    • Credit card companies
    • Car insurance,
    • Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (child tax benefit, GST rebate, income tax, etc.)
    • Doctors
    • Daycares
    • Employers
    • Clubs
    • Reward programs
    • Subscriptions


  5. Board of Education.

Once that’s done, you can rest easy, knowing that all your important mail will end up in the right hands – yours!

Kind regards,

Mark F. Graham

Mark F. Graham
Barrister, Solicitor, Public Notary
Mark Graham Law Office Professional Corporation