Hi there,

Before you know it, you'll be in your new home, so it's important to ensure that everyone, including friends, service providers and even the government, knows where to find you. Below is a check list to help you make sure no one gets forgotten!

1. Fill in a change of address card, available at your local post office.

2. Car Ownership - You must notify the Ministry of Transportation within six days of changing your residential address.

Change your address online: ServiceOntario - Change of Address or

Complete and submit the address change section of your vehicle permit. If you take it to a Driver and Vehicle Licence Issuing Office with your current vehicle permit, you will be issued a new permit at that time. You may also visit a ServiceOntario Centre. Click here to find one near you. (According to the media, the kiosks are being shut down so I replaced it with ServiceOntario.)

Alternatively, you can take it directly to one of two Driver & Vehicle License Issuing Offices in Guelph:
#15 - 485 Silvercreek Parkway North Phone: (519) 822-5551 or
#22 - 35 Harvard Road (Campus Estates Plaza) Phone: (519) 836-1636

3. Driver's Licence, Health Card and Ontario Photo ID card:

Change your address online
Find a ServiceOntario centre
Cost: Free
Online completion time: 15 minutes
Delivery: Your updated cards will be delivered in 4 to 6 weeks by mail.

4. Other:

  • Banks
  • Credit card companies
  • Car insurance,
  • Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (child tax benefit, GST rebate, income tax, etc.)
  • Doctors
  • Daycares
  • Employers
  • Clubs
  • Reward programs
  • Subscriptions

5. Board of Education.

Public Schools - Phone: (519) 822-4420
Separate School Board - Phone: (519) 821-4600 or
Visit: www.findmyschool.ca

Once that's done, you can rest easy, knowing that all your important mail will end up in the right hands - yours!

Kind regards,

Mark F. Graham

Mark F. Graham
Barrister, Solicitor, Public Notary
Mark Graham Law Office Professional Corporation