Hi there,

Can you believe you're only days away from the sale of your property?! Now that the countdown has begun, it's time to take care of any outstanding details and to prepare for the meeting at my office.

What to bring when you come to see me

You need to bring the following documents to your appointment:

  • Two pieces of identification (ID) (See below for acceptable types of ID.).
  • Your tax statement if not already provided to my office.
  • A copy of your mortgage or registered/secured Line of Credit statement.
  • Documentation or paperwork for any repairs or inspections etc. that were named in the agreement of purchase and sale, if any.

We cannot accept the OHIP card as proof of your identification!
It is illegal for any non-allied health care professional to accept the OHIP card for identification purposes (except for the Highway Traffic Act, I make a it a practice not to break any other Laws in Canada), please bring other identification as outlined below.

What kind of ID is acceptable?
The first piece of ID must be a government-issued photo ID such as:

  • A valid driver's license issued by a Canadian province or territory.
  • An Ontario Photo Card.
  • A Canadian Permanent Residence card or Citizenship and Immigration Canada Form IMM1000 or IMM1442.
  • A Certificate of Canadian Citizenship or Certification of Naturalization.
  • A current Canadian passport.
  • A Certificate of Indian Status issued by the Government of Canada.
  • A federally issued Firearms License: the Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC) or the new Posession and Acquisition License (PAL).


The second piece of ID can be any of the above-listed government-issued photo ID or one of the following:

  • A Social Insurance Number (SIN) card issued by the government of Canada.
  • A birth certificate issued in Canada.
  • A Visa or MasterCard credit card from a Canadian bank (must have your name imprinted on it).
  • An employee identity card with a photograph from an employer well-known in the community.
  • An automated banking machine card or client card issued by a Canadian Bank provided that your name is imprinted in the card.
  • A signed CNIB (Canadian National Institute for the Blind) client card with a photograph.


Finally, I'd also like to remind you, in case you have not already done so, to:

  • Ensure that all of your utilities will be hooked up at your new location (A list of handy links was sent to you in a previous e-mail.).
  • Arrange with your realtor to allow for a final walk-through of your property by the buyers if they have requested one.
  • Notify friends, service-providers and the government of your new address. (A handy change of address checklist was sent to you in a previous e-mail.).


I hope this e-mail has equipped you with everything you need to make closing day the fun, exciting day it should be! Please contact us if you have any last-minute questions or concerns, by e-mail: mark@grahamlaw.ca or by phone: 519-824-7100.

Kind regards,

Mark F. Graham

Mark F. Graham
Barrister, Solicitor, Public Notary
Mark Graham Law Office Professional Corporation